Find above the links to Weapons Licencing for all PTA, New Licence aplication & Renew a Weapons Licence or ask us to submit the application for you at the time of purchase.
CLOSED ALL QUEENSLAND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tusday: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1:00pm
NEW & USED GUNS, POWDERS, AMMO, GUNS SAFES, HUNTING ACCESSORIES AND MORE.
They are designed to develop skills and knowledge that will last.
Whether you are looking at completing a firearms safety course to get into competitive sports shooting, hunting or just for the enjoyment.
Please contact us for further information
Applying for a Firearms Licence
Ensure you are aware of the general requirements for applying for a weapons licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence, submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
You can still apply for a licence using a paper application form.
You will need to submit it along with the required documentation and payment at a police station.
Below you will find the supporting documentation requirements and specific information for your genuine reason. Failure to submit all the required documentation will result in delays in processing your application.
To apply for a Firearms Licence for this genuine reason, you must provide the following documentation with your application:
- Proof of address
- Statement of Attainment for an approved weapons safety course
- Proof that you are a current member of an approved shooting club. This may be a current membership card or a statement endorsed by the approved club; and
- Current passport quality photograph.
To apply for a weapons licence in Queensland you need to:
- Meet the personal eligibility requirements
- Have a genuine reason to hold a licence
- Have access to secure storage facilities
- Have completed an approved weapons safety course for the weapon categories to be endorsed on your licence.
- The Statement of Attainment is to be dated within the previous twelve months from the date you submit the application online.
- Be able to supply the supporting documentation relevant to the genuine reason and licence type selected in your application.
- Have access to a digital image of your head and shoulders against a plain background.
- This image must be of your face looking directly at the camera and is to be of passport quality so it may be printed on your licence card if your application is successful.
- Be able to pay the required fees
- Be able to attend a Queensland Police Station with 100 points of identification once your application is at the final stages of assessment.
- All applicants will be notified by their preferred method of contact nominated in their application.
Upon successful completion of the firearm safety course, students will be issued with a “Statement of Attainment” which is valid for 12 months.